Beth Christopherson, LCSW, PLLC, provides teletherapy sessions to those who reside in and receive services in the state of Texas.
Advantages of Teletherapy
- No commute and therefore no wasted time and stress driving in Houston traffic
- No running into other people while going in and out of the office building
- Be in the comfort of your own home
- Many people enjoy having their pets with them during the therapy session
- You do not have to live in the city of Houston, just the state of Texas
- No mask required
Required Set-up for Teletherapy
- You will need a private location in your home with no foot traffic.
- Using headphones is highly recommended if there are others in your home and/or if you have thin walls.
- A good internet connection is required
- You must be in the state of Texas during a teletherapy session with Beth.
Beth brings her same skills, knowledge, and therapeutic treatment via teletherapy. She has found that for most issues individuals and couples want to address, teletherapy is as effective as in-person therapy.
There are some situations for which teletherapy may not be appropriate, and a higher level of treatment may be recommended. For example, substance abuse, sex addiction, domestic violence, severe depression, self-harm behaviors or self-harm ideation often require a higher level of care. Please contact your insurance provider or go to psychologytoday.com for a list of providers who specialize in these areas. If you are having an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
If you are interested in teletherapy sessions, please call Beth at (832)478-8897, for a free 10-minute phone consultation. Please know that Beth is not in network with any insurance carrier. If you want to see a provider in your network, please contact your insurance carrier or go to psychologytoday.com to search by carrier.